Our lab hours are Monday through Thursday from 7 am to 5:30 pm. When counting days in lab, please do not include Fridays.
1. Impressions should be taken with either alginate or PVS.
2. ALWAYS include an upper and lower impression, even if we are only doing one arch. We always need the opposing model. Also, include a complete bite registration if patient has any existing teeth.
1. This allows us to design a metal framework based on your patient's anatomy and we can recommend where the doctor should prep rest seats.
2. Design takes 3 working days in lab
1. This step is important if there are ANY flaws in the initial impressions or if standard trays are just not fitting right.
2. Use PVS when you take the impression. We recommend regular body.
3. Fabrication of custom trays takes 3 working days in lab
1. We HIGHLY recommend doing a metal framework try-in to make sure the base of the partial fits before setting any teeth.
2. Fabrication of metal framework takes 6 working days in lab
1. This is a MUST DO if patient does not have or has limited posterior occlusion, even if we are doing immediate dentures.
2. Mark the patient's midline and lip line at natural smile if anterior teeth are being replaced.
3. Fabrication of bite blocks takes 3 working days in lab.
METAL FRAMEWORK TRY IN AND BITE BLOCKS CAN BE COMBINED TO SAVE SOME TIME
1. We ALWAYS recommended a try in, 100% of the time!
2. It is easier to fix or make changes when it is setup in wax as opposed to acrylic.
3. This is the time for the doctor and patient to confirm correct bite, tooth shade and the vertical dimeson of occlusion.
4. Setup and waxing for this step takes 7 working days in lab
5. Resets for another try-in takes 5 working days in lab